Hi! I am William Panicot. I am 21 years old and was born on july 20th, 1993 in Montpellier, a southern French city. I have been interested in computers for as long as I remember and started learning HTML and C by myself around 8th grade. After graduating high-school, I attended the Classes Préparatoires aux Grandes Écoles (CPGE) at the Lycée Joffre in Montpellier where I studied the option computer science along with the core curriculum of mathematics, physics, French and English. I was then admitted to the Ecole des Mines de Saint Etienne, cycle ISMIN, where I am currently studying for a Master's Degree in Computer Science with the option Mobility and Security. I am now looking for a four- to six-month internship starting march the 30th, 2015, to complete my formation.
École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Étienne - Cycle ISMIN 2012-2015 (expected)
The École des Mines de Saint-Étienne is a top national graduate engineering school delivering a degree equivalent to a Master's Degree in Computer Science. I am studying the option Mobility and Security which focuses on mobile and web applications and computer security. Besides a main focus on computer science, the curriculum also includes a sizeable portion of management courses with a focus on project management, electronics courses, general science courses, and requires students to study English and another foreign language - in my case, Chinese.
Lycée Joffre, Montpellier - Classes Préparatoires aux Grandes Écoles (CPGE) 2010-2012
CPGE are two-year undergraduate intensive courses in mathematics and physics that prepare students to the competitive examinations that are required to be admitted to French engineering schools. There I studied the option computer science, which is mostly focused on algorithmics and theoretical computer science.
Lycée Joffre, Montpellier - Baccalauréat série S 2010
Equivalent to GCSE A-level, I passed the Baccalauréat with first-class honors before graduating high school.
- Fluent English: I obtained a perfect 990 score at the TOEIC, and 162 in verbal reasoning, 164 in quantitative reasoning and 4 in analytical writing at the GRE test.
- Basic Spanish: I studied Spanish for six years during high school and CPGE.
- Currently learning Chinese: I have been studying Chinese since I was admitted to the École des Mines de Saint-Étienne in 2012
- General purpose programming: competent in C (including embedded C), C++ and Java. Basic knowledge of C#.
- Hardware description languages: basic knowledge of VHDL, including VHDL-AMS.
- Dataflow programming: currently a Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer.
- Software modeling: basic knowledge of UML.
- Database software: IBM DB2.
- Electronics design and simulation software: ModelSIM, ISIS, ARES.
- Mathematical software: Berkeley Madonna (differential system resolution), Matlab, Maple.